In May, the privacy-first browser DuckDuckGo suffered backlash from the community after a publication posted that while the browser blocked Google and Facebook trackers, it allowed Microsoft trackers to continue running . At the time, the company's CEO made a statement about what was happening – by saying it wasn't allowing all or even most Microsoft tracking attempts in its browsers – and promised changes. Now, DuckDuckGo is announcing increased protection from Microsoft trackers through its browsing apps. Starting next week, DuckDuckGo will expand the third-party tracking scripts it blocks from loading on websites to include scripts from Microsoft. This update applies to the iOS and Android apps and browser extensions with beta apps to follow in the coming month. DuckdDuckGo's CEO and founder Gabriel Weinberg says : This web tracking protection is not offered by most other popular browsers by default and sits on top of many other DuckDuckGo web tracking protections. This all means our browsing apps and extensions currently offer more protection against Microsoft trackers by default than Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and more. Also, to help clear up some other misconceptions floating around, Microsoft scripts were never embedded in our search engine or apps, which do not track… Read full this story
- Discord Reportedly Ends Multimillion-Dollar Deal With Microsoft as Platform Eyes Potential IPO
- Transgender bills spark new corporate backlash against states
- Microsoft acquiring Discord for $10B would be a huge bet on gaming—and a smart one
- Gender Studies Professor Who Condemned Left’s ‘Trans-Sex Fantasy’ Stands Up to Backlash
- Microsoft's augmented-reality headset deal with US Army has 'potential for harm'
- European Super League: Manchester United co-chair Joel Glazer 'apologises unreservedly' to fans after backlash
- Why Southeast Asia's LGBT community is finally coming out
- Slack rethinks direct messaging plans after backlash
- Carlson: MLB ‘Encouraging the Destruction of Democracy’; Biden Willing to Destroy Baseball to Increase Democrats’ Power
- AirTag location trackers are smart, capable, and very Apple
DuckDuckGo increases protection from Microsoft trackers after community backlash have 313 words, post on 9to5mac.com at August 5, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.