Lady Gaga kick-started the North American tour of her Chromatica Ball with a strong message. The pop star took a moment out to voice her support for abortion rights and gay marriage during her concert in Washington, D.C., on Monday night. Addressing her more than 40,000 fans, the Shallow singer told the audience, "I would like to dedicate this song to every woman in America. To every woman who now has to worry about her body if she gets pregnant. I pray that this country will speak up, that we will stick together, and that we will not stop until it's right! For every woman." She further added, "I didn't mean to be, like, a downer, but there's some [expletive] that's more important than show business." Gaga's response came after the US Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade. Since then, nearly 25 states have moved to enact laws barring citizens from safe access to abortion. During her concert, the House of Gucci star dedicated Born This Way song to the LGBTQ+ community. "This might not be the national anthem, but it's our national anthem! They better not try to mess with gay marriage in this country!" she said.
- Why Are Marriage Rights Expanding While Reproductive Rights Contract?
- Remembering the Decades-Long Abortion Fight You Weren't Alive to Witness
- Zarya From
- Pontifex Subtweets
- : The 1937 Film that Reveals Why Hollywood’s Sexual Harassment
- Veteran Offers Up Burial Plot So Lesbian Couple Can Be Buried Together
- In the Conversation Around Campus Rape, Who Is Held Accountable--and Who Does the Accounting?
- Shade Court: Grace Jones Shaded No One
- War Is Hell: I Went Deep Undercover at a Wedding Expo
- I Got Drunk and Saw
Lady Gaga defends abortion rights and gay marriage at Chromatica Ball have 290 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at August 10, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.