RIP by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on Share Tweet Koertzen officiated in 127 Test matches © Getty Distinguished ICC umpire Rudi Koertzen has died aged 73 in a car crash near Riversdale, a town in the Western Cape province of South Africa. A notable figure in the game with his unique slow-motion style of adjudicating a batter out, Koertzen officiated in 127 Tests, 108 of which he stood as one of the two on-field umpires. He is one of only three umpires to have stood in over 100 Test matches. He also officiated in 250 ODIs, 19 T20Is and 1 WT20I in a career spanning 18 years. He made his officiating debut on the international circuit during India’s tour of South Africa in 1992, incidentally the first series in which television replays were used to rule run-out decisions. He became a full-time umpire with the ICC in 1997 and was elevated to the elite panel in 2002. He served as the third umpire for the final of the 2007 World Cup in Barbados between Australia and Sri Lanka, a game marred by a farcical finish in fading light after the officials had originally asked teams to return the following… Read full this story
- EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Camilla pays tribute to her 'dear friend' Carolyn 'Chubby' Benson who has died aged 73
- Jamie Dornan's dad Jim dies aged 73 after contracting coronavirus
- Bunny Wailer, last surviving member of Bob Marley and the Wailers, dies aged 73
- Reggae pioneer Bunny Wailer has died at age 73
- Football: Former France, Liverpool coach Gerard Houllier dies at 73
- Kraftwerk founder and electronic music pioneer Florian Schneider dies at 73
- Wonder Woman vet Lynda Carter, 69, breaks her silence on the death of her husband of 37 years Robert A Altman at age 73 with a heartbreaking note: 'He is the love of my life and always will be'
- British survivor of Nazi massacre which killed 97 soldiers in 1940 dies aged 100
- Henry Darrow dead: The High Chaparral Western actor dies aged 87 as tributes flow for ‘artist of the highest rank’
- Reggae Icon Bunny Wailer — Founding Member of the Wailers — Has Died at 73
Former umpire Rudi Koertzen dies aged 73 have 333 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at September 9, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.