0 Community Corner The Berlin-Peck Memorial Library in Berlin has plenty of reading materials about the legacy of the slain civil rights leader. Michael Lemanski , Patch Staff Posted Reply Press release from the Berlin-Peck Memorial Library: BERLIN, CT — The recent Martin Luther King Jr. holiday may be in the past for this year, but his legacy and dream live on forever. And the Berlin-Peck Memorial Library at 234 Kensington Road is a nice place to visit to learn about what the slain civil rights icon wanted and preached. An American Baptist minister and activist, King was the most visible leader in the civil rights movement from 1955 until his assassination in 1968. He is known for advancing civil rights through nonviolence and civil disobedience. King participated in and led marches in support of the right to vote, desegregation, labor rights, and other basic civil rights. He delivered his famous "I Have a Dream" speech on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial during the 1963 March on Washington. Here are some of the MLK offerings at the Berlin-Peck Memorial Library: Biography I May Not Get There With You The True Martin Luther King, Jr. Michael Eric Dyson Arguing that… Read full this story
- Cleveland mayor’s bold action saved his city from burning after Martin Luther King Jr.’s assassination
- Pence links Trump’s push for border wall to Martin Luther King Jr.’s legacy
- 11 iconic photos of Martin Luther King Jr. on the 50th anniversary of his assassination
- Americans reflect on Martin Luther King Jr's legacy 50 years on
- Martin Luther King Jr.’s words continue to inspire, nearly 50 years after his death
- Ram truck commercial set to Martin Luther King, Jr. speech draws criticism
- Martin Luther King Jr’s granddaughter appeals for ‘gun-free world’
- Martin Luther King honored as thousands march to 'keep the dream going'
- People hate Dodge Ram’s Super Bowl ad, which uses a Martin Luther King speech to sell trucks
- Activists, scholars, leaders say Trump presidency is at odds with Martin Luther King’s legacy
Berlin Library Has Books Celebrating Martin Luther King Jr. have 329 words, post on patch.com at January 18, 2023. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.