I was 25 years old when I was told I would need an ovary removed. At the time, I was taking a year out from my university studies in England to live in Spain. Prior to my trip I’d had a medical examination with my doctor, who had noticed a small lump on my tummy, but suspected it would resolve itself. After three months abroad, I returned for my Christmas vacation and the lump had grown considerably. Although I told her it was impossible, my doctor was adamant that I was six months pregnant. Despite my objections, she continually looked for a heartbeat and insisted I took a blood test to rule it out. Once we had confirmed I wasn’t pregnant, I was sent to a specialist who told me I had an ovarian cyst. He knew it was large and would require some sort of surgery to remove. He said the procedure would leave a large scar and mean I was unable to do so much as make a cup of tea for several weeks. I was due to be going back to Spain any day, so I was a bit bewildered. Around a month later, I was sent… Read full this story
- People who were born early are 13% less likely to be alive and disease-free in adulthood, massive study finds
- It's been... FOUR-midable! Former counsellor who had IVF quads at 50 tells HELEN CARROLL about the exhausting reality of caring for them and reveals she faces losing her home - but insists she's never been happier
- When Will We Have Designer Babies?
- Ryan Serhant's wife Emilia Bechrakis recalls 'roller coaster' IVF journey: 'We bonded more than ever before'
- Heartbroken mother, 35, whose baby girl tragically died at just seven months reveals her desperation to have a child after FIVE failed rounds of IVF
- Vile trolls target bereaved mother, 40, and call her a 'serial killer' after she bravely told of how she has lost 11 unborn babies in tragic stillbirths and miscarriages - but she hits back and says she WILL have a family
- Woman who endured the agony of five miscarriages finally gives birth to a 'miracle' baby boy after undergoing HYPNOSIS
- Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe, 73, wants an IVF baby with his 27-year-old cheerleader penpal even though she lives in the US and the two of them have never actually met
- Judges allow brain-damaged woman to spend £2.5m compensation she received after being hit by a bus on IVF treatment to 'give her life meaning'
- DON’T deliver premature babies before 37 weeks even if mothers' waters break, officials now say
"I had a baby after IVF. There are challenges people don't talk about" have 422 words, post on www.newsweek.com at February 5, 2023. This is cached page on Vietnam Colors. If you want remove this page, please contact us.