“80 per cent of the demolition work of the university chowk flyover has been completed and in the next three days the remaining 20 per cent will be demolished,” said Vivek Kharwadkar, metropolitan planner, Pune Metropolitan Regional Development Authority (PMRDA). … [Read more...] about University flyover will take three more days to demolish
Universal modeling language
That theory, which textbooks call inflation, matches all observations to date and is preferred by most cosmologists. But it has conceptual implications that some find disturbing. In most regions of space-time, the rapid expansion would never stop. As a consequence, inflation can’t help but produce a multiverse—a technicolor existence with an infinite variety of pocket universes, one of which we call home. To critics, inflation predicts everything, which means it ultimately predicts nothing. “Inflation doesn’t work as it was intended to work,” said Paul Steinhardt, an architect of inflation who has become one of its most prominent critics. … [Read more...] about What If the Big Bang Was Actually a Big Bounce?
Her long-distance friendship with Searle is characteristic of the way he conducts his social relations. Ernest Hecht, who runs Souvenir Press, has published Searle for almost 30 years but never met him. His London agent, Rachel Calder, has only encountered him once. He never answers the telephone and can only be contacted, via Monica, by fax. "When I work I shut myself away and I don't want to see anyone," he says. "It's not autocratic; it's just the only way of staying free with your work. I find work much more difficult at my age than it was when I was dashing around doing 50 jobs a day. I'm very slow now: it takes me a week to find the idea for a drawing, though execution is still quite quick - a day, or a day and a half." … [Read more...] about Scion of a noble line
NEW DELHI: Delhi's own school education board is expected to be operational by next year, however, unlike other states it will not be imposed on government schools, according to Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia. Giving details of plans for setting up the state education board, Sisodia said the board will be in sync with the reforms proposed in the new National Education Policy (NEP) and the focus will be on continuous evaluation and not year-end exams. "We have recently set up two committees for working on the proposed board as well as curriculum reforms. An ideal situation would be that we make it operational by next year. Initially, around 40 schools will be affiliated to the board, which could be either government or private," Sisodia told PTI in an interview. "What happens in other state boards is that the private schools are free to make their choice whether they want to opt for CBSE, ICSE or state board, while government schools follow the state board. We will have no … [Read more...] about Delhi’s education board to be operational by next year; not to be imposed on govt schools: Manish Sisodia
The longer this continues, the more likely it is that some will tumble out of education, employment or training altogether, never to return. On top of all this, there are the spiralling economic costs of parents and carers unable to work without the school or wraparound childcare they depend on; and the devastating long-term cost looming from the stunting of our children’s future productivity. … [Read more...] about Boris Johnson says reopening schools next month is a ‘moral duty’ and a ‘national priority’ as he takes on the teaching unions